Dimensions: 60ft base paths. Coach pitch from 40ft
Time Limit: 1 Hour 30 Minutes. A new inning starts when the last out is recorded in the home half of the inning.
Super Select Extra inning (May 19-21): 1st extra inning: Runner on 2nd 1 out. 2nd extra inning: Runner on 2nd and 3rd 1 out. 3rd Extra inning and on: Bases Loaded 1 out
Coin Flip: In Pool Play home team is determined by a coin flip. Higher Seed will determine home/away during tournament play. The home team will be the official book and will record game start time when announced by umpire
Teams need to be prepared to play 15 minutes before their scheduled game time.
Age Restrictions: Your age is determined by the May 1st date of that year or your high school graduation year.
- Every coach MUST carry birth certificates with them at all times. If the head coach chooses to challenge the age of a player, he must provide $100.00 cash to the tournament director and the tournament director will then request birth certificate.
- The team being challenged, That head coach will have 30 minutes to provide birth certificates for all players on his roster.
- If the team is found with an illegal player, that team will be KICKED OUT of the tournament and will forfeit all games with a score, 7-0.
- If the head coach can not produce birth certificates within 30 minutes, the team will forfeit the game challenged. They will forfeit all games until birth certificates are produced.
- If the player is found legal, the coach protesting will lose their $100.00.
Tie Breaker and Advancement Rules:
- Win Loss Record
- Head to Head
- Runs Allowed
- If two teams are tied in runs allowed and play each other revert to head to head.
- Runs Scored
- Runs allowed in games against teams tied with
- Runs Scored in games against teams tied with
- Coin Flip
Wild Card Determinations:
If an event has a Wild Card selection we will use these Tie Breakers. (Pool seed will have no barring on who advances)
- Runs Allowed
- Runs Scored
- Runs Allowed in Losses
- Runs Scored in Losses
- Coin Flip
High School rules will be observed with the following modifications.
Molded Spikes only on turf fields.
Coach Pitch: Coach’s will pitch from 40ft away. One foot must remain in contact with the 40ft line.
Pitches Per At Bat: A player will have a maximum of 6 pitches per at bat.
Runs Per Inning: A team can score a maximum of 6 runs an inning unless it is the last inning.
Defense: Teams will have the option to play 10 defensive players on the field at anytime. The fourth player will be an outfielder. All outfielders must remain behind the base paths when fielding a ball.
Bats: All bats must be stamped 1.15BPF and will have no weight distribution restrictions (2 ¾ barrel width max)
Demarini Zen: The DeMarini ZEN Bat has been banned by Bullpen Tournaments. The 2017 CF ZEN -10 (2 3/4 barrel) and the 2017 CF ZEN -8 (2 5/8 barrel) will not be allowed for use. This includes the ZEN Zero Dark -10. A bat that has been retooled by DeMarini and marked with the stamp and orange barrel cap may be used. If a bat is found illegal, the hitter is an automatic out. Continuous use of an illegal bat will disqualify the head coach from the rest of the tournament.
- Illegal Bat Penalty
- It is the responsibility of each teams head coach to monitor bats that are in play. If a player uses an illegal bat. The umpire must be notified prior to the first pitch of the next batter or before all defensive players leave fair territory.
- If the bat is found illegal, the batter will be ruled out and runners will not be allowed to advance.
- If a team has three illegal bat rules infractions the Head Coach will be ejected for the rest of the tournament.
Leadoffs: There will be no leadoffs and or steals at any time.
Balks/Dropped Third Strike: There will be no balks or dropped third strike calls at any time.
A. 15 runs after 3 innings
B. 10 Runs after 4 innings
C. 8 Runs after 5 innings
In bracket play, Run Rules will remain in effect Through the Finals. Championship will have same run rule as Always (15 after 3, 10 after 4, 8 after 5)
Intentional Walks: There will be no intentional walks at any time.
Courtesy Runner: Courtesy runner is optional for pitcher catcher at anytime. The courtesy runner must be a player not in the game or the last batted out if you are batting a continuous lineup. The courtesy runner will never be mandatory.
Batting Lineups: You must bat your full lineup. You will have free substitution as well.
- If a coach is ejected,
- He/She will be suspended for the rest of that game and the teams next played game. If a coach is ejected from a game, he is ejected from the park and must exit to the parking lot. If coach chooses to remain in park his team will be rewarded a forfeit loss. The tournament director will determine the forfeit not the umpire.
- If a player is ejected,
- The player shall be suspended for the remainder of the game. If team is hitting a continuous lineup, the player will remain in batting order and his/her team will be forced to take an out.
Injuries: If a team is hitting a continuous lineup and a player gets injured and can not continue to play, his spot in the batting order will be skipped with no penalty. Once a player’s spot in the batting order is skipped, the player is out for the remainder of the game and can not come back into play.
Complete Games and Extra Innings:
- If rain or weather suspends a game. 4 innings will be considered a complete game.
- If a game is tied after 6 innings All games will be given two extra innings to try and determine a winner (unless weather or light become an issue). If the game is still tied after innings it will end as a tie.
- If time limit expires before 6 innings is complete, 2 more innings will be played. They will be played as extra innings.
- Example: Time expires in the fourth inning. The fifth inning will be played as if it is an extra inning. If the home team takes the lead the 6th inning will not be played. If the game is tied after 6 innings the game will end in a tie
Refund Policy and Park Rules:
- If Zero Games are played 75% of entry fee will be returned as a credit for a future event run by Bullpen Tournaments.
- If 25% of your guaranteed tournament games are played 50% of entry fee will be returned as a credit for a future event run by Bullpen Tournaments
- If 33% of your guaranteed tournament games are played 40% of entry fee will be returned as a credit for a future event run by Bullpen Tournaments
- If you play 2 or more of your scheduled games, that is considered a full tournament.
- Credits are valid for 12 months from the time of the cancelled event.
Gate Fees are non refundable. Bullpen Tournaments will do everything we can to play all scheduled games.
Teams that have not paid their full entry fee 2 weeks PRIOR to the event will be removed from the tournament.
- No Alcohol or tobacco.
- No Firearms
- No Coolers (one team cooler in dugout)
- No Pets
- No Swimming, Diving, fishing, and any other activity in water